cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page shrink when spying

Stella
Level 2
Hi all,

I'm very new to BP, hope to get some help with spying.

1. When BP launches an application, that application would shrink for some reason(as shown in the attached pic). The application is not clickable at this point either (eg. it won't respond if I click on 'Accept all cookies'). I had this same exact issue with Excel as well.

2. Also, sometimes BP can't spy where I expected, eg. to spy a button, I need to slowly hover my mouse around the button for BP to highlight the button, tried with different modes still does the same.

- I thought the problem was because I extended my monitor, but it won't spy properly even I don't extend the monitor.
- resolution is 1920x1080, text smoothing disabled.

Please generously share your solutions if you know how to fix them!

37017.jpg
2 REPLIES 2

Stella
Level 2
anyone?

Hello Stella,

My suspicion is that this is due to your system's resolution and likely screen configurations. Have you tried to temporarily changing it to a lower resolution to see if the behavior is still the same? On multiple screens, I sometimes experience this as well when I stop/restart apps, or when I reboot my laptop. Basically, applications are not always very consistent with the way it remembers the last window size and/or the monitor it was last displayed on ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/default-display-for-applications-under-win10-and/850fcd2c-e295-4a16-9053-69f1eec8b592 ). One way to get around it is to remove some of the variability. Especially since the RRs (workspaces, ie. VMs, that Digital Workers will run the business processes) will likely not have a very high resolution nor multiple screens.

In practice (ie. after the initial evaluation phase,) there are some standard recommendations on how to configure a Business Process development system (what we sometimes call Development Interactive Clients) and Runtimes (as explained above) to help ensure visual configuration differences won't impact automation.

If you have the ability to configure a VM on your laptop, that could be one way to evaluate the solution without having to deal with this issue on your laptop.