cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Clipboard to Email

JosephVaccaro
Level 2
I am trying to copy an excel worksheet range that contains graphs and tables and send it as the body of an email.  I was hoping to be able to do this using VBOs with minor code changes.  I wrote a quick macro to copy the selection to clipboard but cant figure out how to paste in an email and maintain the table and graph formatting. Has anyone had any luck with this?  Also open to a better way but I'm trying to avoid spying.

------------------------------
Joseph Vaccaro
Con Edison
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

InJoeKhor
Staff
Staff
Hi Joseph,

You can try this workaround.

You can copy graphs and tables and paste in a new Excel File and save as HTML. Copy the HTML into email message body in the Outlook VBO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism
In Joe Khor Sr. Product Consultant Blue Prism

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

InJoeKhor
Staff
Staff
Hi Joseph,

You can try this workaround.

You can copy graphs and tables and paste in a new Excel File and save as HTML. Copy the HTML into email message body in the Outlook VBO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Thanks so much @InJoe Khor,  sorry if this is a dumb question but how do i get the html in a text format that I can add in the message body?  I did a save as in excel vbo and changed the extension to html which seems to have worked not sure what the next step would be (unless i already did something wrong).​

Joseph Vaccaro
RPA Development Lead / Accounting Supervisor
Con Edison
New York NY

Hi Joseph,

You can create a data item and paste the body of the HTML code into the data item.

Then you can place that data item into the the send HTML email action via Outlook Email VBO.

12357.png

Hope this helps.

In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism

@InJoe Khor Sorry to bother you again but my problem was really the first part.  How do I get the body of HTML code to paste into the data item?​

Joseph Vaccaro
RPA Development Lead / Accounting Supervisor
Con Edison
New York NY

There are multiple ways. You can refer to this Microsoft  help if you need help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-all-or-part-of-a-workbook-to-a-static-web-page-5ad26dee-8739-4d80-b9d9-cf0530ab1968

Thanks,

In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism