cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Excel Data with Same Cell/Font Color into BP Collection

SalmanShaik1
Level 5

Hi Team,

I have a requirement, in an excel file we have some data, some of the rows are colored and some of them are not. So, when we read the data from excel the data should be captured along with exact cell/font color into collection. Then after doing some validations i have to paste the collection data on the body of the email.

I am able to paste the collection data on the body of the email but i am not able to get the data along with the color into collection.

The following things needs to be considered.

1. Colors will be changing by the business end, so we cannot apply the color while creating the HTML body. We must copy the color from excel to collection.
  2. In the entire excel sheet we should read the data along with the cell/font color only for some specific rows, so we should have the flexibility in our code such that we have to give the which row number/ numbers should be extracted with cell/ font color rest all rows can be read as usual.

Thanks

Salman Shaik

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer". Thanks & Regards, Salman Shaik
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Salman,

Obtain the background cell color code for each row (create a custom code action to achieve this) and utilize these color codes to generate the HTML body with corresponding colors.

SalmanShaik1
Level 5

Hi Athiban,

In my case under each row the cell colors are different based on the column no as well so it will be complicated, if the entire row contains same color irrespective of column no, then we can follow your approach. But unfortunately, it's not the case.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer". Thanks & Regards, Salman Shaik