cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pega 7 - Spymode and settings

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I am currently working with Pega v. 7 and face some difficulties identifying elements using html or AA-mode. When using html I cannot manage to capture the different elements with enough accuracy and some elements I cannot find at all. Using AA causes a problem in being able to get a unique match. Anyone who has experience using BP with Pega 7 who can share some tips? Best, Maria
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Have you tried the Application Navigator? It can sometimes reveal elements that you can't spy with the mouse. All spy modes are reliant on the meta-data built in to the target application. BP does not generate the attributes, it only draws them out of the app, and it the richness of the meta-data is not good, then uniquely identifying an element becomes difficult, sometimes impossible. When using AA on web pages I usually find at least one of the attributes Name, Description and Role are critical. Whilst being the least easy mode to use, Surface Automation is often a saviour when it comes to troublesome applications.

Thanks for your answer John. I've tried Application Navigator which generates a huge tree of elements. However it is still very difficult to use them as they all are dependent on very specific paths etc, which does not feel very dynamic and too rigid to rely on. I've also checked the source code, and it looks like it contains a lot of java. Do you think that using java can be an option? Best, Maria

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
JAB could help if the app uses Java but otherwise it won't help at all. It sounds like you've got the worst of all scenarios - HTML that is too dynamic to handle and attributes that aren't detailed enough to uniquely identify elements. Could be that SA is the only answer I'm afraid.