cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to run multiple bots of different user accounts from the same resource one after the other

mmostaquim
Level 4

Hello,

I need a suggestion. I have three bots. They run every day at 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 from the same resource and different user account based on customer request. The 8:00 bot sometimes takes more time (e.g. until 9:30 or 10:30 etc) when the bot needs to process more items. For this reason, other bots cannot be executed. Is there a way to set up the bot so that when the bot at 8:00 am needs more time, other bots such as 9:00 And 10:00 AM will be automatically run when the bot of 8:00 am has finished? Otherwise, the bot will run according to its schedule.

Note that: I have an idea. In one schedule, we can add all the bots (e.g. login_8:00, process_8:00, logout_8:00, login_9:00, process_9:00, logout_9:00). In this situation, if the bot at 8:00 AM finishes earlier than 9:00 AM, then the bot at 9:00 AM will start working, which I don't want. Therefore I am looking for another possibility.

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi @mmostaquim maybe have processes sequenced in one schedule as you've described, but tweak the logic of the second process so that it will sit in a loop if it's not yet 0900. Perhaps you could add a startup parameter called 'wait until', so that if the first process finishes early, the second one will detect that its own start time is before the 'wait until' time.

Alternatively, create a third process called something like Delay Buffer that will run between the first and second processes. And depending on its given parameters, it will either complete immediately so that process 2 can start, or it will wait and do nothing until it is time for process 2 to start. 

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi @mmostaquim maybe have processes sequenced in one schedule as you've described, but tweak the logic of the second process so that it will sit in a loop if it's not yet 0900. Perhaps you could add a startup parameter called 'wait until', so that if the first process finishes early, the second one will detect that its own start time is before the 'wait until' time.

Alternatively, create a third process called something like Delay Buffer that will run between the first and second processes. And depending on its given parameters, it will either complete immediately so that process 2 can start, or it will wait and do nothing until it is time for process 2 to start. 

Hi @John__Carter,

Thank you for your solution. The first concept is well suited to our process.