cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using control room to read file/load queue

ChrisRider
Level 4

In my test environment, I have two BP systems.  I wrote a process that reads in a csv from a file share and populates a queue in BP.  If I run this through process studio, it works fine.

However, if I use Control Center and try to run it on one of the systems, I am getting an exception from the action "Utility File Management - File Exists" - it says this does not lead to a decision.

This action takes the file location (z:\rpa\somefile.csv) and for output, it sets a flag/boolean called "file exists".  Both of the test systems I am using have the same share mapped.  If I run this through process studio on either of my systems, it works fine and sees the file.

Yet, when you use Control Center and drag the process to run on a system, it comes up with status Terminated and gives me the error message I am describing above.  Any thoughts on this issue?  

------------------------------
Chris Rider
lead application analyst
E. W. Scripps
cincinnati OH
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Chris,

I've never had this problem, but I searched the forum history and identified this topic:

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=b799e3d5-a09f-4ba6-9932-70d4f0d65456&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd 01 &tab=summary viewer

Apparently other people have already had a problem very similar to yours, but the solutions are varied, I believe that Susamay Halder and Michael ONeil's answers are the most accurate. In both cases it is related to the interpretation syntax (drive letter and "/" at the end of the path).

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Chris,

I've never had this problem, but I searched the forum history and identified this topic:

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=b799e3d5-a09f-4ba6-9932-70d4f0d65456&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd 01 &tab=summary viewer

Apparently other people have already had a problem very similar to yours, but the solutions are varied, I believe that Susamay Halder and Michael ONeil's answers are the most accurate. In both cases it is related to the interpretation syntax (drive letter and "/" at the end of the path).

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Hi Leonardo - your post helped me figure out the issue.  For the "Utility File Management - Get Files" to work with Control Room, I had to use the UNC path (without the drive letter).  I am not sure why you can use a drive letter (like Z:) with Process Studio but not Control Room.

In case this helps anyone out, here is more information.

I have a drive share mapped to letter Z.  Let's say this is z:\rpa\files.  I was using "z:\rpa\files" as my "base folder" for the input parameter to Get Files.  Run in process studio, it works fine.  Use Control Center to deploy the process, it fails.

Instead, change base folder to the UNC path.  If you are not sure what it is, open up a command prompt and type "net use".  You should see something like "\\servername\rpa\files".  Use this instead.  It works with Process Studio and Control Center.  

Chris Rider
lead application analyst
E. W. Scripps
cincinnati OH