cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when spying the windows calculator app

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, Whenever I try to Launch and Identify the standard Windows calculator app (C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe) as part of the Introduction to Surface Automation Training Guide (5.0.2) I stumble upon a problem. When in the Application Modeller, I first Launch my calculator using the Launch button, which works. However, it does not give me the option to spy the elements using the Identify button as this button will not appear (it gives me new Launch buttons instead). Can someone help me? Thanks, Gerard
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This will be cause you are using Windows 10 - and the calculate application has changed in the latest version of Windows. Firstly, I don't think Blue Prism is fully certified for use with Windows 10 yet (this is in progress) - so whereas most things should work fine (I use Windows 10), there may be unexpected issues. Secondly, the Blue Prism PS team are working on a new version of the Surface Integration training for windows 10 - where we provide a calculator training appliction for you to use.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

aniruddha_gupta
Level 3
Hi Gerard, This sounds strange as it should show ""detach"" once it has been ""launched"". I would say just try to re map the calc app from the beginning or try to ""attach"" it once it has been launched. Thanks, Aniruddha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Aniruddha, That does not work for me unfortunately. I think the problem is that I am using Windows 10 which goes with a slightly ""newer"" version of the calculator causing the problem. Thanks, Gerard

PrasenjitMajumd
Level 2
Yes same happened in my case as well, I believe it is because of the newer version of windows calculator in Win 10. Instead of using the windows calculator I used some third party calculator application for that surface automation exercise.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This will be cause you are using Windows 10 - and the calculate application has changed in the latest version of Windows. Firstly, I don't think Blue Prism is fully certified for use with Windows 10 yet (this is in progress) - so whereas most things should work fine (I use Windows 10), there may be unexpected issues. Secondly, the Blue Prism PS team are working on a new version of the Surface Integration training for windows 10 - where we provide a calculator training appliction for you to use.

2016 to 2020, even after 4 years it is the same behavior.Will it ever be fixed ?

------------------------------
Mano Mangaldas

I am facing the same issue still. I could see this issue has persisted since 4 years now. How much more time is needed for this to be resolved?

Manish Roy

https://stackoverflow.com/a/64049640/9231718

I resolved it using a windows 7 calculator on windows 10. Above link might help.

Manthan Admane