cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with detecting fields in spy mode with the application modeller

Soumyasahu1
Level 2
34929.jpg
34930.jpgI am new to blueprism and took up the foundational training. While following the training course, I came up with Identifying elements. But for some reason, the spy mode doesn't accurately represent the actual field according to the position of my cursor. Any help for this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

EmersonF
MVP
Well, until then I never found a solution for this between forums, what you can ta doing and I strongly advise is to open a ticket to the support of Blue Prism for this to be analyzed, The support team of Blue Prism is well qualified and will certainly be able to help you.
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

EmersonF
MVP
Hi Soumya sahu, I hope you're okay, when mapping some element, you should pay attention to the attributes of this element, I believe that in the tutorials explain some of them, such as the attribute "Ordinal" and "Match index", you have already taken a look if those that are marked, correspond to those shown in the tutorial?!

Soumyasahu1
Level 2
@Emerson Ferreira

I do understand the role of attributes. But in my case, I am facing the problem of even selecting the field. For instance, when I mode my cursor to the "staff number" field, it is not highlighted. It only gets highlighted after moving my cursor a few centimeters above that field, as seen on the second screenshot.

EmersonF
MVP
Perfect, forgiveness has not understood before your doubt, What is your version? This usually happens to me, I believe it is some bug, but when correctly mapping the selected field, even if moving the mouse a few centimentros, there is no impact on development and execution, you just need to make sure that when giving the hightlight it highlight the desired field, I do not if the resolution of your screen has something to do , but some of the WEB cases zoom out and worked perfectly

Soumyasahu1
Level 2
@Emerson Ferreira 

Its v​6.10.1

So, is there not any solution to this problem, besides moving the cursor and searching for the field blindly?

EmersonF
MVP
Well, until then I never found a solution for this between forums, what you can ta doing and I strongly advise is to open a ticket to the support of Blue Prism for this to be analyzed, The support team of Blue Prism is well qualified and will certainly be able to help you.

Dan.Lister
Level 4
This will be the scaling on the machine. Right click desktop, go to Display Settings and ensure Scale and layout is set to 100%.

Yes, exactly this only happens due to display settings. Set it to 100% and reboot your machine and try to highlight any element. Still issue persists please do let us know here.

34926.png

Hi 

Moving the cursor outside of the field is a common thing when working in blueprism and can happen in some spy modes. This is most notable in spy modes like html because things live div tags often represent a much wider field than is shown on the screen and a what looks like a single element on screen might have more than a single tag in the html code. For example the immediate field might highlight as and in the attributes be a span tag but just outside that might also be highlighted and show as a div tag and spying either of these will work to populate the same field when running in blueprism. It shouldn't affect your development and you should be able to enter values into fields when running the process but it is something to be aware of when developing, if you come across a field that isnt being highlighted move the cursor gradually outside the field until the field lights up