cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with web Control Room

JoseErazo
Level 3
Hello, I am having trouble with the web Control room as it is showing there is "no data". I think there may be a toruble with the API. Nonetheless I have followed the Hub, API and Authentication Server guides with no problems. Is there something I am missing? 
27581.png

I thank you very much for your help in advance.

------------------------------
Jose Erazo
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, Jose,

Apparently you can log in so your IMS server works fine. Hub seems working as well.

So did you configure your connection to your BP database? You need to click on the greyed prism in the top left corner and it shows you additional settings which need to be configured.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hello Zdeněk,

Yes I have configured a connection to a BP database. I can even refresh it and get the according message

27565.png

Best Regards

Jose Erazo

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Jose,

To get this to work, you must configure the new Authentication Server feature in v7, so that users in Hub and Blue Prism databases are synced (see the PDF guide available on https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/Guides/authentication-server/auth-server-introduction.htm). Once done, you will need to assign appropriate permissions to the mapped Blue Prism user account of your Hub user, as you would normally do prior for Blue Prism v6, so that it will have access to, for example, work queues.

The baseline is that the user access for your Hub user is controlled by the mapped Blue Prism user.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hello Bruce,

I have already mapped the Authentication Server and BP users as the guide states. Also, the linked users have all the appropiate permissions inside BP to access the data but still there is nothing loaded on Hub.

Best Regards,

Jose Erazo

Hi Jose,

You may look into log files under Hub installation directory, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism\Hub\Logs_Hub to find more information. Another way of getting more specific information will involve using your browser's developer mode. It can often be switched on using F12 key. Once there, switch to the Network tab, repeat your steps to arrive at the issue and observe the error message displayed. It may give you good indication of the root cause.

I would advise you open up a support ticket if you cannot resolve this yourself. Supply the information you have gathered from the aforementioned activities as much as possible. Community may not be a good venue for troubleshooting installation issues as there exist many possible causes.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Jose,

I am also facing similar type of issue in HUB.

If you resolved, can you please give me some idea to resolve the issue.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Hi, Everybody,

I closely followed the videos on this page https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/video/installation.htm and I made it work. It is important that you make your users authenticated through authentication server - that I did not know. Then Hub admin user does not have permissions to Web Control Room so you need to be logged as a user through authentication server which has got sufficient permissions (in my test environment my user has got system admin in Blue Prism) and then it worked as a charm.

There is one more point - the user under which your Blue Prism API application pool is running needs to have access to Blue Prism database. That was not clear to me from the documentation but in the video and after analyzing log I realized that this is the requirement.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi All,

Thank you for your inputs.

Finally work queue data reflected in web control room.

Workaround: Added Blue Prism API URL in hosts file(C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Please mark Zdeněk Kabátek's answer as the best answer so that we can easily identify that this case has been resolved 😄

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil