cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process exposed as WebService in AD integrated environment - 401- Unathorized exception

VivekAmbildhag
Level 2
Hi I am having BP environment which is AD integrated fully and my user(windows login) has full rights (all roles /permissions enabled). I have exposed a process as a WebService and trying to call it from a .NET program. I tried giving my windows credentials while calling it from code, but it still gives 401- Not authorized exception. I know in case of regular (non AD) environment, it works and I am able to call it , but seems like for AD integrated, we need something more either at BP end or at code end to ensure the call is successful. Kindly suggest. !! Thanks, Vivek
3 REPLIES 3

RonAng
Level 5
Same issue here. Is this resolved? If yes, please share. Thanks!

Hello - 

I am trying to call the wsdl created for my object using powershell. BUt I am getting 401 - Unauthorized error. Below is my code snippet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

$webservicex = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $url -namespace WebServiceProxy
[xml]$result=$webservicex.Sum("auto",1.0,2.0)

and the error message is
Exception calling "Sum" with "3" argument(s): "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
At line:3 char:1
+ [xml]$result=$webservicex.Sum("auto",1.0,2.0)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

------------------------------
Rahul Kannan Sethu MAdhavan
------------------------------

I am no expert in Web Service and its usage in various languages but please note:
- Blue Prism exposed Web Services use SOAP protocol
- Authentication header with basic authentication has to be used
- in case of different AD domains the user has to be specified as "<domain>\<userid>"

I just tried it yesterday within Blue Prism itself (process calls WS exposed process) and from outside using SOAP UI application.

edit:
as you already mentioned, the permissions have to be set in Blue Prism accordingly.
- execution rights on the process (and dependencies)
- Web Service consumer right