cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process owning the current foreground window

LingarajS_K
Level 2

Hi,

We are trying to execute the bot in multiple VMs via the Login agent, every 1 to 2 hours, the bot gets terminated and gets the below-mentioned error. 

ERROR: Internal: Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Application' on page 'Login Application' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window

Can anyone please help us to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Lingaraj Shivakumar.

------------------------------
Lingaraj S K
Programmer Analyst
Qualesce
Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Lingaraj, 

Are you passing a Window Title into the Attach page? How are you closing down the application? It could be that there are other background browser processes that are running when you close down the initial browser. I would suggest turning these settings off if you haven't done so already. This is for Edge, but these settings also apply to Chrome. 

Thanks!26588.png

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Lingaraj S K - I am not sure if there's too many manual login being made into the VMs.

These foreground error starts showing up if there are manual logins i.e. it should always be login agent which should login and process things-

Avoid manual logins into the Prod VM and if someone is logging in, always ensure you log off when you leave the VM and drag drop login agent process from a controller VM or let the login agent login back into the Prod VM and process stuffs at the scheduled time. 

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

harish.m
Level 12

HI Lingaraj Shivakumar,

I also suggest when ever there is manual login restart the VM before running in unattended mode, also try to implement Activate application and maximize application in attach action in the object level.

By implementing Activate application and maximize application  when ever there is interaction in the application we are making sure bot interacting with the current application.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

HI LIngaraj,

Below could be one of the reason,

Once the machines has been logged in, please make sure any pop up which is coming in the foreground. Because sometimes pop up also may cause this issue.

As part of my VM server once BOT logged in some system related pop up came and while activating application it was coming up in the foreground. Because of this issue process was failed with same foreground error in my case.

Hence we added logic to close the pop up and then we continued further flow it was working fine as expected.

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

For an occasional activation problem, basic recover/resume/pause/retry logic might be suitable. Granted, this is a sticking plaster but it can suffice to cope with an infrequent exception.

26589.png

John Carter
Blue Prism

harish.m
Level 12

Hi lingaraj sj,

I noticed there is VBO called  "utility - foreground locker"

Check below  VBO from digital exchange.

Never tried using this VBO but its worth to try it, hope this VBO helps to fix the exceptions related to foreground.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---foreground-locker?_ga=2.29187065.43168631.1694579975-76858114.1680840917&_gl=1*1eyqdts*_ga*NzY4NTgxMTQuMTY4MDg0MDkxNw..*_ga_MFBQ2....

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]