cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python In Blue Prism

MadhuGarg
Level 4

Hi All,

Can anyone please explain with a small example, how to use Python in Blue Prism.

Thank you.

------------------------------
Madhu Garg
5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
Level 12

HI Madhu Garg,

Below thread will help you to use pythion in blue prism. I did some thing similar in the past.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=59a72d2d-3f19-4865-be1f-9a631971ce54&CommunityKey=1b679a41-ef27-4557-a2dd-9af040812654&tab=digestviewer

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thanks Harish.

I have gone through the thread. Can you please explain with a small example (The Input & Output to be passed for the VBO mentioned in your reference link).

That will really help to understand better. Thanks

Madhu Garg

Hi Madhu,

you can refer to below thread for input to be passed and output for the VBO

https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/execute-python-script

Abhinav Kumar
Associate Manager
SimplifyNext Pte Ltd
Asia/Singapore

Hi Madhu,

Please look at the thread shared by @Abhinav Kumar

FYI - User guide of this asset includes an example on how to trigger python script 

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism---script-execution-vbo-2 

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

LukasRamasauska
Level 5

Another thread here: Python with Blue Prism - Use cases, Potential, Experience, Insights | Blue Prism Product

Also, you can create your python program separately on dev/test machines as per your companies policies, make it executable (EXE) and run it through BP as any other program either through CMD or your preferred way. It's better to keep it if you Python program has come confidential code bits an pieces (i.e. hardcoded keys, network endpoints etc. - which is do not recommend to have but life is life, sometimes happens). Also you can simply make executable which is able to deal with input and output args.

Alternatively, if you run your Python through BP DX object, then your python code is exposed to all users who have access to device. Moreover the extra questions of security rise: who can access it, who can edit. Then you need to have Python libraries on device and so on...

Anyway, your imagination is only limitation to run Python .... and company security policies.

Good luck.

Lukas Ramasauskas
RPA Software Engineer / Robotic Solutions Architect
Swedbank AB
Europe/Vilnius