cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about retrieving the last row of an Excel spreadsheet to delete when the row is dynamic

AngelaBarnes
Level 2

I am trying to retrieve the last row of an Excel spreadsheet (which the last row is dynamic) in order to delete it then save the file.  I used an Excel VBO Business Object and was able to count the number of rows and output that number into a data item (to be used to identify the last row of the spreadsheet).  However when I run the process and it gets to the step where I have an action that uses the Excel VBO Business Object with the Action "Select", and reference the previously created data item as the Cell Reference value, its erroring (Exception: Failed to select row: Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC).  I entered the Value of the Cell Reference as "[Number of Rows]:[Number of Rows]".  I also tried using "[Number of Rows]".  Got the same error. Since the Cell Reference has to be of type Text, I changed the data item's type to Text but still getting the same error.  If I input numbers as the Cell Reference instead (Ex. "1:5"), it works.  Is there a simple fix for this?

1 REPLY 1