cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on BOT licensing?

HarishM2
Level 6
Hello every one,

I always confused on BOT licensing , How BOT license will work?

Like If I apply BOT license to one virtual machine it only apply to the current user when BOT license was applied or it will apply to all the user's as long as if they are using the same virtual machine?

I heard from some one In order to BOT license Associated company must use atleast 10 to 15 bots or some criteria is this true?
Any further information  related to BOT license is appreciated

------------------------------
Harish kumar
RPA Developer
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The license is activated from within the client-side, but is installed to the server-side. From then on, any resource connecting to the server will use the same license(s).

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Thanks for your response. so if I understand correctly it means If I activate the  same license to different  resources it will work while running the BOT in Process studio or debug mode.  Bit when I run  from control room only  the first available resources will able to run and the second resources will fail to run Is that correct?

Just curious Do you know what is the criteria to get new BOT license?

Harish kumar
RPA Developer

Running in debug mode does not use a license, but does require one in order to access the processes and objects. The fail over you describe only applies to robot pools, as defined from within Blue Prism. However, any process running from a schedule or manually from the control room will take up one session each. A license can have a variable number of allowed sessions. You can have one license with five, or five licenses with one in the same environment, just to give you an idea.

I do not know of any criteria, however I have previously seen production environments with as few as four or five resources.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago