cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Management: Next Review functionality

DennisLaursen
Level 4
I have a question for the Next Review functionality in the Queue Management (Control). I have a proces, where some cases need to be checked up to three times. I've set the Maximum Attempts to 3 in System --> Workflow --> Work Queues, and a Retry functionality in the proces, to handle which cases to retry. But the next attempt have to run the next working day. So I've added a "Work Queues --> Defer" action stage, and added a value in "until", called "AddDays(Today(); 1)". The proces is scheduled to run once every work day. So my question is: The 1 day defer will set the date in the "Next Review" column to the next day, regardless of weekends and such. So the way I've build this, will it then function so that the items that need to be worked on the next working day not will be lost? If I for example run the proces on a Friday, and the item need to be rerun again the next working day (Monday), will it then be worked, or be lost in the queue?
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dennis, it depends. If you don't run the process which uses this queue during the weekend the item will not be worked until Monday. Defer works the way that it is not ""visible"" to Blue Prism process until the day and time comes. At that moment it is visible and will be processed even though this situation happens during the weekend it will not get lost. Zdenek

DennisLaursen
Level 4
Hi Zdenek It then seems that I understand the functionality correct. So I will continue with this solution. Thanks for the answer.