cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDC connection from machine

AbhishekPoddar
Level 2
Hi All,

Needed a small help.I am trying to open RDC from my local pc and launch chrome on the RDC. How should i approach for this automation? Is there any VBO for RDC or should i spy and launch RDC as we do manually? 

If spying is the answer, which mode should be preferred? 

Thanks.

------------------------------
Abhishek Poddar
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You can save a connection as a .RDP file, which is just plain-text. You can then use that to launch a connection. Once you're in though, it's all surface-automation from there on in. SendKeys won't work properly, so you might have to leverage something like AutoHotKey if you want to send any keystrokes.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You can save a connection as a .RDP file, which is just plain-text. You can then use that to launch a connection. Once you're in though, it's all surface-automation from there on in. SendKeys won't work properly, so you might have to leverage something like AutoHotKey if you want to send any keystrokes.

Ami Barrett
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

I tried with global send keys events and it worked fine. However the application which i am trying to automate is a desktop based application and after opening the application, i am not able to spy any elements within the application. Is there any way around to spy the elements other than surface automation?

Abhishek Poddar

Correct, you must use surface automation techniques. I seem to recall notice that a newer version of Blue Prism had a dedicated spy method, but I'm finding no such mention of it in the release notes.

Ami Barrett
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX