cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC_E_DISCONNECTED - The object invoked has disconnect from its clients

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
I have already raised this with Blue Prism support who are actively investigating, but wanted to gauge if and how this affects others. I have found that this error has appeared in a few forms/variation of exception detail: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients RPC_E_DISCONNECT The Interface is unknown These exceptions happen when trying to interact with an element in Internet Explorer using HTML mode. They seem completely intermittent and seems to follow no pattern.  We have tried various methods to fix this, with no luck. Does/Has anyone seen this error before? Does anyone know how to fix this error? etc.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you seen the knowledgebase articles on this topic?  Are you using Blue Prism version 5.0.18 when a change was made to try and stop this issue (not sure if it made any actual difference but it was a change to try and solve that disconnected issue).

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Also.... my working hypothesis on this topic (which could very well be wrong) is that when I have seen it the client has had enormous objects for each application instead of following the best practice ODI training of having lots of small objects for different screens/functions within the same app.  Probably a coincidence - but maybe lots of objects all attaching to different screens somehow reduces the risk of these IE11 disconnections??