Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a Submission through Blue Prism containing an image

Mohammedareeb
Level 4
4136.png
Hello

I have Blue Prism Hub and Interact V4.5 installed. The problem that I am facing is that I have a form that allows the user to upload an image. When a user using the Interact website uploads an image and submits the form, it creates an item in the work queue and shows up in the submission history tab of the website. When I upload an image using the Blueprism Digital Worker and raise a submission for the user to complete the form; the user completes the form and presses the submit button but this doesn't create a work queue item or an entry in the submission tab. Note this only happens when I upload an image through the Digital Worker. If I just populate some of the fields and raise a submission then the form behaves normally. I also tried to get the submission using the submission id, but as the entry doesn't shows up in the submission tab I have tried to guess what the submission id should be(see image to see how I am guessing the id) but it raises an exception:
"Web API HTTP Request
HTTP Status Code: 400
HTTP Response Content: Error getting submission."

Is this a known issue with Interact or is my configuration out of whack?

------------------------------
Mohammed areeb
6 REPLIES 6

joefarr
Staff
Staff
Hi Mohammed

I've seen this issue caused by a few different things:
1. Is the form going for approval? If a submission is being created, but not appearing in the Submission history, it is most likely in another tab waiting a user's approval.
2. Are you using the most up to date version of the VBO and Web Service? We're now on Interact API Service 1.5 and you can find it here.
3. If neither of these, I have seen this issue when a radio field or number field is left blank and the form is submitted. These fields need to have a default value or it can cause the submission to fail. Can you give me more information about what fields your form contains?

Cheers

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. The form is not going for approval as I have set the approval type to none and I am using the Interact VBO 1.5. I have attached an image of the Interact form.
4121.png The greyed-out fields are read-only which I am passing through the Digital Worker along with the image.

Mohammed areeb

Thanks Mohammed

Are the fields number or text? And do they have any validation on them?

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hi Joe,

The fields are text and do not have any validation on them.

Mohammed areeb

Hi Mohammed

I've just tested and it worked for me.

One final thing to check: Are you using a nested collection with the below schema when you use Raise Submission?

4129.png
The name, link and size field need to be completed.

If you're still having issues, this may be one for support@blueprism, as there may be a configuration issue that I can't solve without getting into more detail.

Cheers

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Thank you soo much!!!!!

I was just entering the link. Filling out the name and size link as well resolved this issue.

Mohammed areeb