cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Email from mailbox folder

Kishore_kumarB
Level 2
Hi Team,

The scenario is, I have 5 emails in mailbox folder(In-progress) once an queue item completed, robot should find the matching mail from in-progress folder and move it to processed folder, To implement this I knew this only solution to use Get mail action and it provides me to subject from output params, compare the subject with my queue value(In queue I'm storing subject details) if it is not matching move the mail to temporary folder and when it finds exact match it will be moved to Processed folder, and then move the items whichever i moved to temp folder to in-progress folder. It looks like I am doing work around job for the time being

Kindly suggest me any better solution for moving mail to Processed folder.

Thanks in Advance.!

------------------------------
Kishore kumar B
IT
TCS
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12

Which VBO are you using? Though, I think both MAPIEx and the Outlook VBO have an option to specify a subfolder to check. You could have mails route to the in-progress folders using Outlook mail rules, then tell the bot to check each In-Progress folder sequentially.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. We have had a similar requirement.so we have written a piece for code to filter the email. When we are looking for a particular mail, we are searching for a particular keyword by using the filter email action. Hence instead of checking each mail, we are directly able to locate the particular mail we are looking for. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Hima

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Store EntryId in Queue as well and move messages based on EntryId, that way you'll be able to skip moving mails to Temp folder.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture