cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Multiple Queues Working in a Process - Architecture Definition

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
What is the best way to read multiple queues in a process? I mean balance the load and the order of processing. To be able to control the entrances and exits in the best possible time. Is there a basic design or architecture for these cases? I imagine creating a load balancing object, which analyzes the quantity of pending elements in a queue and then gives the parameter to the process that will make the reading of the next item. This analysis can be more precise by comparing the time of entry, for example. This way you can manage the priority of the pending tasks in the different queues. any ideas? This is very important for the development of an architecture when the tasks are in different work queues. regards, Esteban Carrasco.  
1 REPLY 1

NickZejdlik
Level 4
This thread might help. It sounds like you are looking for a similar solution as myself. One possible solution that might work for you is to create a master process that monitors the work queues, and then (as John mentioned on the thread) runs a command to start the processes needed on the other robots.