cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading sent email box and resource going into warning state

a026833
Level 4

Hello,

I am having an issue a few times a day (the process runs 20 times a day at least) where the action of reading emails in the sent folder of a shared email box is causing my resource to go into warning state, forcing me to reboot the machine. I changed the warning threshold on the action to 7 minutes however that has not helped. I am thinking of going to 10 but don't believe that will help either. The sent folder has approx. 7,000 emails, my process is only looking at the ones sent within the last day each time the process executes. I was thinking of archiving the sent folder periodically to reduce the number of emails the VBO needs to look through but wasn't sure if that would help with the issue.  We just went to version 7.2, the VBO I am using is more current as I had an issue with the 6.8 version not recognizing the selection criteria of the email search. Someone mentioned the issue may be with secure emails, but I am seeing this even when there are none. Any ideas on how to prevent my resource from going into warning state?   Below is the VBO I am using. "Sent Earliest" is always set to the previous business day.12974.png

------------------------------
June Gulcius
Analyst
FIAM
America/New_York
2 REPLIES 2

Hi June, 

I have a feeling this VBO is consuming too much memory and causing the resource to go into a warning state. I haven't used this one in particular. I usually use the SMTP/POP3 VBO. What if you passed a Now() into the Sent Latest (DateTime) field as an input. That way your vbo is only searching for emails that been either sent yesterday or today. The archiving of the emails is a very good idea (Possible step in this automation?) What you want to do - is to try to decrease the amount of emails the vbo has to go through when it executes. 

Thanks! 

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hello June,

I agree with Cristóvão, I've been through a similar situation to you in a support project, the solution I identified was to restrict the incoming messages based on the requirement, I believe you restricted the date range to -1 day or last 7 days they already reduce the volume of emails well.

In my case it resolved (=

regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil