cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received number of mails for specific day in outlook

KrishnaElapavul
Level 6
Hi ,
I have a requirement , where I need to publish the no of mail received by email account(s) configured in outlook.
for specific day ( may be between start and end date)
I have not noticed any such action in present Outlook VBO 
Any idea for this please.

------------------------------
Krishna Elapavuluri RPA Solution Lead
TEchnology Consultant
DXC.technology
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello Krishna,
You can use received all items action for MS outlook VBO.
The input to that action can be configured as folder name and it gives output as a collections of entry Id [ Entry Id is for email unique identification from server].
You can use count row for this collection to get count to total emails received then.[ Clear or delete all emails or move it to some other temporary folder once you have got the count for today. This will reset the counter and next day's iteration will give correct count then again. Hope fully this logic would work even if it is not a straight forward solution].

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer*
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

Thanks  Ved,

But this is not my requirement

1. Robot will read and do some process say P1 and the read mail pushed to subfolders by following some rule say "X1, X2.."
  2. It happens for every 15 min  and end of the day there will be a report about success /failed orders
  3. At the end of the day a process P2 to be generated  by counting the total  mails received in respective account
  4. End user will  reconcile these two reports to ensure that P1 didn't missed anything ( user want to ensure that no one has removed any mail  from account by mistake or wantedly as human also connect to this outlook if require)

Hope it clears

Thanks

Krishna

SKF

DXC Technology

16851.png

T +91 99000 63042
Krishna-mohan.elapavuluri@dxc.com

DXC.com | Twitter* | Facebook* | LinkedIn* | Campaign Promotion*

Planned Leave: 14th Oct,  2nd &3rd Nov

Company Holidays: 15th Oct, 1st Nov and 4th Nov.