cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Expression In application Modeller

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Hey guys, I am having a little problem i want to use regular expression in application modeller. I am trying to match attribute values of element using regular expression. I don't know anything about this can anybody suggest me how to use regular expression in match type of attribute in application modeller. What is the syntax how to give regular expression in value
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I can't say I have every used the regex option in application modeller, but I have used it for string text parsing/extraction. I can recommend this website as an experimentation area to figure out your expressions: https://regexr.com/ Also, the Blue Prism product help contains the following information: Regular Expressions Blue Prism uses the Microsoft .NET Regular Expression classes. The following table lists some of the meta-characters most commonly used in Regular Expression searches. For comprehensive information about regular expressions and the full range of options available, see the .NET Framework Regular Expressions and Regular Expression Language Elements topics references on the Microsoft MSDN website. Character Description * Matches the preceding character or sub-expression zero or more times. For example, zo* matches ""z"" and ""zoo"". * is equivalent to {0,}. + Matches the preceding character or sub-expression one or more times. For example, 'zo+' matches ""zo"" and ""zoo"", but not ""z"". + is equivalent to {1,}. ? Matches the preceding character or sub-expression zero or one time. For example, ""do(es)?"" matches the ""do"" in ""do"" or ""does"". ? is equivalent to {0,1} {n} n is a non-negative integer. Matches exactly n times. For example, 'o{2}' does not match the ""o"" in ""Bob,"" but it does match the double-instance of ""o"" in ""food"". . Matches any single character except ""\n"". To match any character including the '\n', use a pattern such as '[\s\S].

SasiAnbalagan
Level 4
Hi Denis, Do you whether we can use Regular Expressions when we spy application in HTML mode and where Path attribute one of the tag switches between 3 - 4, can this be applied with RegEx support.

SasiAnbalagan
Level 4
Hi Denis, Do you whether we can use Regular Expressions when we spy application in HTML mode and where Path attribute one of the tag switches between 3 - 4, can this be applied with RegEx support.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
@sathisha, I tried that and on decent sized web page it was taking ages to find element with regex in path and I don't even remember if it succeeded for me. I thought BP hang and killed it few times I think. You can't use path like ""*/A"" and iterate over all links using match index 100%. That is not an xpath.. too bad. If you got few options, it will be much faster to ""wait"" for them all and pick path that succeeded.