cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Character Conflicts

Claire_LouiseLa
Level 2
​Hi,
I am using data that can be text or numbers, but contains character conflicts for capital i, lower case l and 1s. How is best to fix this? Is it code stages such as Unclean = Regex.Replace(Clean, "(\b)l([A-Z]+)(\b), "$1I$2$3")? I have not used code stages before so unsure how best to incorporate code stages such as this. Any guidance would be appreciated!
Thanks.

------------------------------
Claire Louise Laggan
Costing Manager
Arup
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

DaveMorris
Level 14
What are you trying to accomplish with the replace? I'm not sure what you mean by character conflicts.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi,

What I understand is that implementing code solutions with code stage other than using standard stages provided by Blue Prism.
Here's the "Extending Automations using the .NET Framework": https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/standard?title=extending+Automation&category=All&lang=1382

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Claire - are you getting the data from Surface Automation, where visually some characters in some fonts are identical. Lower L and upper i are often identical in appearance. The code you have looks like something to clean up such data, but you have to think before using it, because the result may be just as wrong. For example, if you know the fiel can only contain letters, the when Surface Automation reads C1aire it must really be Claire. Or, you may decide that a capital letter cannot exist in the middle of a word, so CIaire (upper i instead of lower L) must be Claire. You have to be sure the logic is correct before attempting to fix, and if the logic is not sound, then applying a fix is a risky guess.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism