cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a stop externally

NickZejdlik
Level 4
I'm looking to be able to stop a running session on resource from outside of the Blue Prism control room. The control room has both immediate stops and stop requests, the latter being what I would like to execute. We can stop a resource via the http interface and sending a stop command, however that seems to be an immediate stop versus a stop request. Is there a way to issue a stop request specifically from outside of the Blue Prism control room?
4 REPLIES 4

JonasStefanovic
Level 2
The most simple way to do it is just to create an excel or notepad file and read it. And when you want to stop process just write a specific word or symbol that process should end.

NickZejdlik
Level 4
I was hoping there was a more intrinsic way of accomplishing that, but thank you for the suggestion. I'll probably end up pulling it from a SQL table.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Nick - this isn't quite what you're after but there is the command line switch /requeststop . For this to work you need to know the session ID, which you get as an output when you start the process via the command line, but otherwise the only way to find it out is by going in the DB, which puts you back where you started.

NickZejdlik
Level 4
Thank you John, I didn't realize that was available on the command line. Just gave it a test and it seems to work great.