cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource PC starting only when user is logged in

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hi, We're having 5 machines in production, but two of them were deployed some time after the first three. I think that some setting is incorrectly set, but as they are up and running and the issue is not that critical, then there's no will for full reset of the machine. Can you please help me find what should be done? The situation is as follows: Whenever the machine is not logged, then it appears as offline from control room. We see that in few situations: For example, if we restart these machines, then it appears offline from control room. The same happens, when we use an action "log out" - the machine just becomes offline. Our workaround is to connect to these machines using tightVNC, log-in manually, and then the "resource pc" starts and it's all working as expected. The whole issue is just a pebble in my shoe, but I'd like to have that fixed. Could you please point me in the direction of some answers?
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The only way a resource PC can be online when the machine is logged out of Windows is via Login Agent. If you have not got Login Agent installed, then it is normal that resource PC closed down and goes offline when you log out. If you are using Login Agent and the resource PC is offline, then it could be that there is a problem in the way Login Agent is configured. Login Agent runs as a service that tries to run an instance of resource PC, but if the config (for example the connection details) is incorrect, then it won't be able to start the resource PC. Try the event log of the machine for possible clues, or look in the config file in C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3