cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource PCs remain idle while VM is logged off

Nkateko_GlenNgu
Level 3
Hi,

Kindly assist, my Resource PCs remain idle while the VMs are actually logged off. How can I get them to reflect accordingly? I am not sure I am missing.

See screenshot attached.

------------------------------
Nkateko Glen Ngunyulu
Robotics Process Automation Developer
Ernst & Young
Africa/Johannesburg
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Nkateko - I think that's normal. I'm guessing you have implemented Login Agent? This will re-activate the resource PC when Windows is logged out and make appear as 'Idle' in Control Room. The idea is that these 'logged out' resources are available to run the Login process.

Can you explain what you mean by 'reflect accordingly'?

John

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi john,

Thanks for the reply.

So when I run the login agent I get the following exception
ERROR: Exception : : The operation has timed out.

I logged in on the resource and checked the event logs and I see the following before the above exception:

BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsDBLoggingEngine
Failed to write to session log (attempt 1): Session: 2653; Message: Error while attempting to log to database: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The UTC time represented when the offset is applied must be between year 0 and 10,000.
Parameter name: offset

Server stack trace:
at System.DateTimeOffset.ValidateDate(DateTime dateTime, TimeSpan offset)
at System.DateTimeOffset..ctor(DateTime dateTime)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsServer.LogToDB(IDatabaseConnection con, Int32 iSessionNumber, Guid gStageId, String sStageName, StageTypes iStageType, String sResult, DataType iResultType, LogInfo loginfo, DateTimeOffset startDate, String sAttributeXML, String sProcessName, String sPageName, String sObjectName, String sActionName, Boolean unicode)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsServer.LogToDB(Int32 iSessionNumber, Guid gResourceId, String sResourceName, Guid gStageId, String sStageName, StageTypes iStageType, String sResult, DataType iResultType, LogInfo loginfo, DateTimeOffset startDate, String sAttributeXML, String sProcessName, String sPageName, String sObjectName, String sActionName, Boolean unicode)
at SyncInvokeLogToDB(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
at BluePrism.BPCoreLib.Extensions.RethrowWithStackTrace(Exception this)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.MyExceptionHandlingMessageInspector.AfterReceiveReply(Message& reply, Object correlationState)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableClientRuntime.AfterReceiveReply(ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.IServer.LogToDB(Int32 iSessionNumber, Guid gResourceId, String sResourceName, Guid gStageId, String sStageName, StageTypes iStageType, String sResult, DataType iResultType, LogInfo loginfo, DateTimeOffset startDate, String sAttributeXML, String sProcessName, String sPageName, String sObjectName, String sActionName, Boolean unicode)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsDBLoggingEngine.DoLog(clsProcessStage stg, String res, DataType resType, clsArgumentList inputs, clsArgumentList outputs, LogInfo loginfo, String objName, String actionName); Stage: <none>; Result: Created session log

Reflect accordingly I mean the resources showing the correct state of the resources e.g. Logged out

Nkateko Glen Ngunyulu
Ernst & Young
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Nkateto - I found a Knowledgebase article that suggests a simple fix, although it does not explain the cause of the error message. Try the advice in this article butif it doesn't help, then I'd recommend raising a ticket so the Support team can help you.

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Process-Design/1432827892/How-do-I-fix-error-The-UTC-time-represented-when-the-offset-is-applied-must-be-bet...

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John, 

I have tried the solution and still experiencing the issue.

Thanks a lot for the help, I will proceed to raise a ticket with the support team.

Nkateko Glen Ngunyulu
Ernst & Young
Africa/Johannesburg