cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart PC

BhargaviInduri1
Level 2
Can we create a process for restarting machine?
7 REPLIES 7

Mats_HolmPetter
Level 4
Yes, use the Object / Action: Utility - Maintenance / Send command to CMD, the simple version is to input the following command: ""shutdown /r

Peter_Folmar_Je
Level 2
Utility - Maintenance"" is that only included in version 6.1.0?

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi, I'd add /f to the restart command to force the reboot - makes it cleaner especially if there are any apps still open. shutdown /f /r That will force a reboot in 60 seconds. Regards, Steve

Hi everyone,

I didn't see Utility- Maintenance VBO in Blueprism portal (Products>Developer Jump start). Can someone help me where I can find this VBO?

------------------------------
Harish kumar
RPA Developer

Hi 
Below should work, but you may have to test it.

C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO\BPA Object - Utility - Environment.xml

Action - Start Process
Application - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown

The arguments are:

/r /t 30 /f

/r = restart

/t 30 = give 30 seconds warning

/f = force

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Ashish,

We are getting compiler error while executing this from the control room. but if we step through the code stage in the same VM it is working. not sure what is causing this failure. there is no compiler errors in the code stage. have you encountered this before. is there any policy changes that we need to do in the VMs.

Jeswin Jomario
RPA platform support engineer
EY
Jeswin Jomario RPA platform support engineer EY

I have a question. Is it possible to restart the machine with Win Server? What if another user is using the machine in another session? What commands are you using? How is the scheduler set?

Marcin Grzelak
RPA Developer
BGK
Europe/Warsaw