cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules affecting various pages of the form

Hi,

I have a use case from a client where they want to design multiple pages user form and hide or show fields based on information which a user fills in. 
An example - on page 1 user chooses Yes option in radio button and this means that on page 3, 5 and 6 of the form it will hide some fields and show other fields.

I tried to set this up but I realized that I can define rules only for fields which are on that particular page.

Is there any way how to achieve this functionality or is it just impossible (I am using version 4.2)?

Thanks for any hints. It would be pity if we can't achieve this.

Regards,

Zdenek

------------------------------
Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague
2 REPLIES 2

joefarr
Staff
Staff
Hi Zdeněk

You are right, you can only define rules for fields on that particular page. 

I have a few ways you could potentially achieve the result you are looking for but they may not be ideal for your use case. 

• You could use the Interact API and have the Digital Worker update the form in real time, making the dependent fields visible and hidden as required.
  • You could group the dependent fields onto separate pages, and then make those pages visible based on the answers to the relevant field.
  • You could use the horizontal rule feature to distinguish between the relevant sections of questions, and keep them on the same page rather than separating those fields over multiple pages. 
I can see how useful this would be so please could you share it on the Ideas Portal

Thanks

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hi, Joe,

thanks for sharing your view on this. 

I must say I was thinking the same routes how this could be achieved but I was hoping to get some breakthrough advice 🙂 as none is ideal. I will definitely post it to the Ideas Portal.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague