cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running into issues importing a C# .DLL file/assembly and executing its method from the code stage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Guys Would really appreciate any help on this one. I am trying to use a custom DLL that I created, inside a code stage. I have followed all the guides and how-tos on the portal but continue to run into the following issue: "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'BPLogger, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I have imported the .dll file into the C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate folder, referenced using the full path in addition to a namespace import. Additionally I have also imported and set up any other external references that were being leveraged in my original project. Lastly, I made sure that the target .NET version is 4.0. Please see the screenshots that are attached What am I missing/doing wrong? Any advice please?
5 REPLIES 5

vojtech_stoklas
Level 2
I have ran into similar issue, though im trying to import External api I needed to import via nuget when I was testing it out. Not really sure what i should do to make blue prism talk with modern API.

I also made a mini .dll and it tells me exactly the same thing, I'll keep an eye on this thread as well since I could very much use an answer to this question as well...

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It's not a 32/64 bit thing is it?

RichardHantke
Level 2
Hello, I have similar problem. I even followed the instructions https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/the-system-could-not-find-the-f… but still have this problem. In a error it says ""or one of its dependencies"". Even though my lib. should not have any third dependencies, is there some better log file that might have more info for this error ?

DesBoyle2
Level 3
are you compiling your dll to 32 bit as Blue Prism is a 32 bit process?