cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon

NiallFee
Level 3
Hi I have spied the SAP Logon pad and the subsequent login window that appears after selecting the relevant login option. After selecting our test environment from the login options, I then spied the User and Password SAP TextBoxes using SAP Mode. However, if I select our production environment from the login options, I can't then spy the User and Password SAP TextBoxes using any spy mode. I can get my process to log into the test environment using the spied elements above and it works fine. I can also get it to log into the production environment using the same spied elements but this is a lot more hit and miss. Sometimes it logs in fine and other times it says that it can't find the spied User TextBox. Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong for me? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

NiallFee
Level 3
Just an update on this. It appears to depend on which of two production application servers it tries to log on to from a logon Group. If it is ProdServA then it recognises the boxes and log in ok. However, if it is ProdServB then it won't recognise the boxes. I could potentially work around this by setting up a new logon option that only connects to ProdServA. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the two development application servers. It will recognise the boxes on both.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Niall - BP relies on the SAP API (also known as SAP Scripting) to be switched on, and if it's disabled the SAP spy mode won't work. Could be that the settings on the servers are different. https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-do-i-enable-sap-spy-mode

Thanks John. I didn't think of that but will have a look.

NiallFee
Level 3
The problem was indeed that server scripting was set up on ProdServA but not on ProdServB. Thanks