cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Wildcard use in spied elements

ViktorKral
Level 3
Hi, I am having issues with using wildcards ("*", "?") in the spied elements' selectors in SAP application. Blue Prism always returns an error message if I add a wildcard to the selector. Is someone else having the same problem? Is it fixable? Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

MarkStallard
Level 3
On version 6.1, I was not able to use Wildcard or Reg Ex match types on SAP element ID attributes (which are really element paths). My impression was that both Wildcard and Reg Ex match types behaved the same as Equal. I believe the same problem exists for the HTML Path attributes. The only way I could work around this was by using Dynamic matching and composing the ID value at run time. |+|  M a r k  |+|

ViktorKral
Level 3
Thank you Mark! I was able to work around it in a similar way you describe, but instead of using a dynamic element value I created 3 ""different"" elements (they are basicaly the same one button but have different IDs) and inserted them into a Wait stage and then I am Checking exists for these 3 different elements/element paths. Cheers Viktor

JeromeDescreux
Level 3
@BluePrism Support: Facing the same issue with HTML Path, is this issue identified and part of the fixes of the next version? Thanks