cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not spy app mainframe TN3270 / TN5250 7.1

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
Is there a possibility to take control of this TN3270 / TN5250 7.1 mainframe application? Has someone succeeded? I leave a screenshot of the application in the attachments. Please help urgently.   Regards.
2 REPLIES 2

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Stebillan We have succeeded with Nexus Terminal, which is a Windows 3270 / 5250 / VT/ANSI terminal emulator, maybe our solution will work for you or can inspire you to a solution. 1) We start by creating a Nexus Terminal Win32 business object, where we launch the Nexus Terminal .exe file, with a CommandLineParams, where we take a Nexus Terminal session as input: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\NMT\Sessions\NexusTerminal_01.nmt"". 2) We then read the Nexus Terminal session identifier, by finding out if we are connected to session A-Z. We had to spy the Connected to field in the Nexus terminal with Active Accessibility, which is not ideal, but a necessity in our case. 3) We then detach from the Nexus terminal Win32 business object. 4) We created a Nexus Terminal Mainframe application, using ""Generic HLLAPI"", specified the DLL name, in our case: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\NMT\niapi.dll"" and DLL Entry Point: ""hllapi"", Calling Convention: ""Windows API"", Session Type: ""Enhanced"" and Session Identifier: ""A"". 5) We launch this using a navigate stage, where we specify DLL name: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\NMT\niapi.dll"" DLL Entry Point: ""hllapi"", Session ID: [Session Identifier] which we calculated in 2). If connecting to the wrong session identifier, you are not connected to the mainframe. When you have to spy elements in the Mainframe business object, you have to run 1-5 and enter application modeller, click identify, start by identifying the main window with Win32 spy mode, after which the mainframe grid will appear and you can identify mainframe ""objects"". Hope it works for you, good luck. BR, Mustafa  

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Hello Stebillan, Please suggest which Emulator you are using. I might be able to help you with the configuration.
Narayan