cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELECTING FROM A COMBO BOX

adam_damiano
Level 3
I have 3 selections from a combo box and I was looking to select only one. The selections are 2017 1H 2017 2H or 2017 FY. I have been trying to use the send keys but it is only selecting the area that I spied. Is there a way to select only 1 category?
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Instead of using send keys you can use write stage with the value that you want to select... e.g. in write stage you can write ""2017 1H"".. (make sure that you are using sufficient wait).. hope this helps 🙂

You should use two navigation stages 1) 1 for selecting the combo Box - Global Mouse click - Area where the combo box is present 2) 1 for passing value which is required - Global Send Keys - Pass value in text which you require

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Combo boxes don't all work the same way. Ideally you can spy the element as a combo box and use a Navigate to select the item you want. You may also be able to spy individual items in the list. Or, as described above, you can focus it with a mouse click, type the value you want and the combo box will select your item. But if none of these approaches will work, then you may have to take the most rudimentary approach and create a loop to send Down keys until you reach the right selection. This can be difficult to perfect and slow to execute, but sometimes (eg with Surface Automation) it is the only way.