cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Web Servicies - SOAP header section in a SOAP request.

JiriHlucil
Level 4
Hi community,

to access a third-party SOAP Web service from Blue Prism, the easiest way to go is to use the SOAP WSDL of the web service and import it through Blue Prism System Manager. 

In our case, the mandatory subelement of the SOAP envelope is the SOAP header.
WSDL indicate this headers by using a <soap:header> tag in the <wsdl:input> and <wsdl:output> elements in the WSDL file. But I have a feeling that BP feature  SOAP Web Servicies doesn't understand that, because the header attributes are not presented in the SOAP WS business object in development studio

Does anyone have any practical experience with this?

Jiri

------------------------------
Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @JiriHlucil,

**Replying in the thread as DM's don't seem to work for me.**

Thank you for sharing the WSDL with me. Unfortunately, I cannot test with this as there are several referenced WSDL's within it. I would have to have all of the associated WSDL's.

As I mentioned in my previous post I'd suggest opening a ticket with support on this one. I have a feeling this is simply the way the logic for handling WSDLs works in Blue Prism.

As an alternative, you could look at generating the C# class(es) to handle this WSDL using the .NET tools like wsdl.exe or svcutil.exe. You could then copy those class definitions into a VBO definition in Blue Prism. There's more to it than what I've described, but it's an option if support comes back with "works as designed".

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @JiriHlucil,

Can you share the WSDL you're working with, so we can test it? My guess is that you may have to open a ticket with support on this.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @JiriHlucil,

**Replying in the thread as DM's don't seem to work for me.**

Thank you for sharing the WSDL with me. Unfortunately, I cannot test with this as there are several referenced WSDL's within it. I would have to have all of the associated WSDL's.

As I mentioned in my previous post I'd suggest opening a ticket with support on this one. I have a feeling this is simply the way the logic for handling WSDLs works in Blue Prism.

As an alternative, you could look at generating the C# class(es) to handle this WSDL using the .NET tools like wsdl.exe or svcutil.exe. You could then copy those class definitions into a VBO definition in Blue Prism. There's more to it than what I've described, but it's an option if support comes back with "works as designed".

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @Eric Wilson,

​thank you for your reply.
Generating the C# class(es) to handle this WSDL using the .NET tools will probably be the only option in this case. The web service also uses WS-Security mechanisms, a security token (Username token) is inserted in the request message. Obviously WS-Security mechanisms BP SOAP Web service feature does not support. Is that right?

Best regards

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague