cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Workbook MS Excel

NorbertFlorczak
Level 2

I have a problem saving my collection to Excel.

My collection looks like this:
23575.png

And my logic in Blue Prism looks like this: 23576.png

Workbook Name is the same as the name of Excel file:
23577.png23578.png

When I click 'step over,' everything looks fine, and the collection is written to Excel. However, when I start the robot from the beginning, it doesn't work.

How to solve this problem?

------------------------------
Norbert Florczak
1 REPLY 1

Hello Norbert,

Could you avoid using "Close All Instances"? I believe the bot is encountering a common error "RPC Server Is Unavailable (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)"(Please visit the support center RPC Server is Unavailable) when running at full speed. Although running step by step works fine, please be cautious, as the "Close All Instances" action may lead to this error occurring sooner or later.

Instead, you should use "Close Instance" and always ensure that when you finish working with that Excel file, you close the instance. 

On the other hand, the exception handling doesn't look good. Consider if the process fails at any point within that block, it will retry three times. This could lead to the "Open Workbook" action attempting to open a workbook that is already open.

If it fails, the instance needs to be closed (or not, depending on the type of solution). You could use "Close All Instances" within a single block with a recovery stage followed by the "Utility Environment: Kill Process" action, specifying the "excel" process to terminate it.

Hope it helps, regards!

If this was helpful, please mark it as the best answer 🙂
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
America/Santiago

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte