cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Outlook emails

JamesBarrett
Level 4
I was wondering whether anyone has developed an object action to Save emails / Move emails to a network folder? I'll look at trying to create one if not, but I'm not an expert with VBA. The Move Email action within the MAPIEx VBO appears to be limited to moving files to other folders within Outlook. I have heard there may be a potential enhancement to incorporate Save Mail in future, but not sure of timescales. Has anyone developed something already that I could have a look at? Thanks James
18 REPLIES 18

Correct, I need to do it with something other than the standard Outlook VBO.

Thanks, Nicolò

------------------------------
Nicolò Ceccaroni

Ok, we've just pushed an update to the Pop3/SMTP VBO to the Digital Exchange that includes two new actions: Save Message to File and Load Message from File. These should give you what you're looking for if you're using this VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric,

thank you very much for the object.

Kind regards,

Nicolò

Nicolò Ceccaroni

Hi Eric,

do you know if it is possible to use Email - POP3/SMTO to:

- retrieve 'EntryID' (id used on MS Outlook VBO)
- move an e-mail between several folders
- reload an .eml (the opposite of mail-saving)

Thanks, 

Nicolò Ceccaroni

@Nicolò Ceccaroni 

There is a Load Mail from File action that can be used to load a .eml file. As for your other questions, I believe the answer to both is no as this VBO is working directly with the mail server and not the Outlook client.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric, 

when we use the action Load Mail from File it is not uploading the .eml on the mailbox (is this correct?): 
when we use this action, we only obtain the mail data (but we don't find this mail in the inbox). 

With regard to moving e-mails, is it not possible between several folders of the same mailbox?

Thanks.
Kind regards,

Nicolò Ceccaroni

Nicolò Ceccaroni

@Nicolò Ceccaroni 

Ah, I understand. Unfortunately no, that's not possible with either POP3 or SMTP. POP3 is just for downloading a copy of an email from the mail server to the local client. SMTP will create a copy of email in the Sent folder but that requires actually sending the email.

With that said, we've started adding support for IMAP to the VBO. IMAP provides greater capabilities for mail organization, etc. So I believe we can add some of these capabilities for you, but we'll need to investigate a bit more and then, assuming it's possible, get that work scheduled.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

thanks for the update, please let us know if you add any new features.

Kind regards,

Nicolò Ceccaroni

Nicolò Ceccaroni

Hi Eirc,

do you have any updates on the possibility of uploading an .eml inside a mailbox?

Thanks,

Nicolò Ceccaroni

Nicolò Ceccaroni