cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Process to stop after 23.45 hours

Alex__Faulkner
Level 2
Hi,

I have a daily 24 hour process, which is scheduled to start running at 09:00 each morning. As is best practice, the process should stop and restart at least once in this period.

I would like to stop the process at 08:45 each morning, then the scheduler will kick it off again at 09:00.

I've looked at adding the "Stop After Time" session variable to the Stop decision, but can't find a way that would work. Example below.

I have a session variable of 08:45 to stop the process from the previous day. The scheduler kicks off at 09:00, but that would then be after 08:45, so would stop the process.

Is there any way around this? Could I use the Hourly/Minutely schedule option and start at 09:00 and stop at 08:45? 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

------------------------------
Alex Faulkner
RPA Lead
Babylon Health
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

dmma
Level 5
Hi Alex, 
You can try and add a check of time in the process before start and work on Next Item, if Local Time >=23.45.

If that will be true, just complete the process. Otherwise continue.

Kind regards,

Dmitrij Mamajev
RPA Developer
Volvo Cars
Gothenburg - Sweden
Kind regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

JeroenOosterhol
Level 4
What if you calculate the stop datetime at the very start of your process and use that to compare it to the current datetime in the Stop decision?
I.e. calculate a date time using Today +1 day and 08:45, then compare it to Now in the stop stage.

Jeroen Oosterholt
Automation Designer
DHL
Maastricht

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
Hi Alex,

Your requirement is to stop the process next day 8.45 am if that start at today 9 am. 
Keep the start day in a variable and check if the end date time greater or equal to 
Start Day +1 8:45 am or not.

I guess it will resolve your problem.

Regards
Sutirtha Gupta
TCS, Kolkata

------Original Message------

Hi,

I have a daily 24 hour process, which is scheduled to start running at 09:00 each morning. As is best practice, the process should stop and restart at least once in this period.

I would like to stop the process at 08:45 each morning, then the scheduler will kick it off again at 09:00.

I've looked at adding the "Stop After Time" session variable to the Stop decision, but can't find a way that would work. Example below.

I have a session variable of 08:45 to stop the process from the previous day. The scheduler kicks off at 09:00, but that would then be after 08:45, so would stop the process.

Is there any way around this? Could I use the Hourly/Minutely schedule option and start at 09:00 and stop at 08:45? 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex Faulkner
RPA Lead
Babylon Health
Europe/London

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I figured it out... I got the start date, then used the following calculation..

IsStopRequested()
OR
([S_time_Stop_After_Time] < LocalTime()
AND
Today() > [G_date_Start_Date])

Alex Faulkner
RPA Lead
Babylon Health
Europe/London

MarcoMatuttis1
Level 6

If you use the standard blue prism process u have a data Item Stop After Time on the mainpage.

And in the Stop? Stage you have the following code:

IsStopRequested() OR LocalTime()>[Stop After Time]

If you set the data item to initial value 08:45:00 it should work.

The Process stops at 8:45. I guess it will log off the machine. And at 09:00 you can start the process from the control room again.

Marco Matuttis
Robot Process Automation Developer
INTER Krankenversicherung AG
Mannheim