cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler Gets Stuck in Pending

ZdravkoBotushan
Level 4
Hi guys,

I am implementing a process that needs to start automatically every X minutes.

I've scheduled it to do:

- Login -> Process -> Log Out

However, when we set up the scheduler, 1 out of 5 times or so, it only adds the process and it stays on pending and that's it. Thus, all future scheduled process runs can't start at all, because the pending case prevents them.

If I run manually, everything is great and the process runs fine.

I do have the startup parameters set up. There is sufficient wait time. The login process doesn't have any startup params anyways and it gets stuck too.

23069.png
Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------
Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

It does look like the automate.exe loses connection so that means that the logout process doesn't complete. When this happens, you will not be able to login. The next time the error happens, connect to the bot using a console viewer like And see if the Automate listener is still open and working. 

Are you using any load balancers? We sometimes see this error when the load balancer has changed the connection of the bot from one app server to another.

I also recommend to look over Troubleshooting Login Agent

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gmarquez
Level 6

Hi Zdravko,

Do you have a console viewer to view the state of your bot when this happens? Do not use RDP for console access. This usually happens when either the listener (automate.exe) has crashed and/or the system hasn't logged out all the way. 

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism

Hi @gmarquez,

It's a very weird issue, because if I handle Control Room manually myself, the machines work without any issues, no delays whatsover.

However, when I schedule the process, 3 out of 5 times it works fine, however, 2 out of 5 times, it just makes a pending process instance and that's it, nothing happens, it just stays there. When that happens any future schedules would fail as well.

If I go myself and right click and start the pending case, it works without any issues.

Basically, it makes a new pending case and nothing happens. If I go and manually start that pending case (even like 1-2 minutes after creation), it works fine. It just doesn't always start the pending case.

Just to note, I also have a similar issue on 1 more project and it's a completely different customer and setup.

EDIT: Oh, and I also extracted this error message from the Resource PC console logs:

[2020-09-28 23:00:00Z] Created session: b6404333-0fbd-4058-a536-425c421bc621; process: test; Run Mode: Background
[2020-09-28 23:00:50Z] Disconnected 10.100.4.16 - System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsListener.ListenThread()
[2020-09-28 23:00:54Z] New connection from 10.100.4.16

​Do you have any suggestions on what I can try. It seems like a small thing, but because of it we cannot make the process run truly unattended 😞

Thanks,

Zdravko

Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia

It does look like the automate.exe loses connection so that means that the logout process doesn't complete. When this happens, you will not be able to login. The next time the error happens, connect to the bot using a console viewer like And see if the Automate listener is still open and working. 

Are you using any load balancers? We sometimes see this error when the load balancer has changed the connection of the bot from one app server to another.

I also recommend to look over Troubleshooting Login Agent

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism