cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler creating a session but not starting it - session stays in pending status

ShirleyZhang1
Level 3
Hi, A bunch of our scheduled processes got stuck on "Pending" status after sessions were created yesterday. Their sessions were created in between a 5 minute window period. Other scheduled processes were able to run on other resource PC after this time. Few points here: 1. Resource PCs are all connected to the App Server 2. Processes were all set to run "Exclusive" 3. Resource PC event log - showing only Session Created, but doesn't show session started like usual and no error message - no network interruption shown   Any suggestion would be much appreciated.   Thank you Shirley
11 REPLIES 11

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
All your pending sessions are taking up a license - delete them all (including on previous days that you might not be able to see until you change the day filter in control room)

SyedRaza
Level 4
Hi Denis, Does this mean, even process (sessions) which are in pending status are license counted. My understanding till now is license counted based on the number of concurrent sessions which are in running. Please correct me if I am wrong! Thanks and REgards, Syed Raza

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
A pending session is included in the concurrent session number - it is part of a prevention stopping two people starting a session at the same time using the same final available session license.  This will not be an issue for you as you should not have any pending sessions - usually a pending session becomes running almost immediately.

Hi,
we're facing the issue that Scheduler created pending sessions and didn't start them since BP 6.3. 
We got a "session clearer" vbo, basically this Code:

Dim maxSessionCount As Integer = 32767 Dim sessions As ICollection(Of clsProcessSession) = gSv.GetFilteredSessions( New String(){"All"}, New String(){resource}, New String(){user}. 'user, SessionStatus.Pending, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, False, False, maxSessionCount, sortInfo) Dim talker As New clsTalker(120) Dim err As String = Nothing If Not talker.Connect(resource, err) Then Throw New Exception( "Could not connect to '" & resource & "' - " & err) If Not talker.Authenticate() Then Throw New Exception( "Authentication Error") Dim succeeded As New List(Of Guid) Dim failed As New List(Of Guid) For Each sess As clsProcessSession In sessions If talker.Say("delete " & sess.SessionID.ToString(), "SESSION DELETED : " & sess.SessionID.ToString()) Then succeeded.Add(sess.SessionID) _ Else failed.Add(sess.SessionID) Next If failed.Count > 0 Then Throw New Exception( "Failed to delete sessions: " & String.Join(", ", failed) & If(succeeded.Count > 0, " (successfully deleted " & succeeded.Count & " session/s)", "")​

It was running very well under 6.4 and deletes the pending session for the given user/resource.
But after migration to 6.7.1 it doesn't work anymore.

Obviously something was changed in the clsTalker. 
1) it requires now a TimeOut Value.
2) Talker.Say("delete " & sess.SessionID' doesn't delete the session, it still persists.

Where can I get a documentation about AutomateAppCore.clsTalker ? What is the command for Talker.say delete session?

Thanks a lot in advance and BR
AJ

up! we too are searching something for delete pending itens

someone can help?

------------------------------
Gustavo Klein
System Analyst
UTC

Hello Denis
could you confirm this is still the case in BP v6.10? Pending sessions do consume / reserve licences?
Thank&regards

Alexander Bopp
Business Automation Engineer
Credit Suisse AG
Europe/Zurich

Hi @AlexanderBopp,

Yes Pending sessions do consume/reserve license​

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

I believe that this type of delete directly on the database makes the warranty of the blue prism product lose, can you confirm that? @ewilson

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
PAULISTA
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Generally, you should not delete sessions directly from the database. You can use the resource PC's HTTP interface, or AutomateC, to stop a pending/running session. If you feel you need to remove those sessions from the database I'd suggest opening a ticket with support. They should have the necessary tools to perform the action.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange