cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler failed to run the process after log in to VDI

HarishM2
Level 6

Hi everyone,

After Bot login to VDI for some reason scheduler failed to run the processs when I checked the logs it is saying (Exception encountered!) not sure why it failed to run the process. Below are the steps we are following to  run the process in VDI

1. Login using Login Agent VBO
2.Run the main process
3. Log out the machine using command line

Most of the time process will run successfully but very few times it failed to run the process.BOT ran succesfully till last week we are facing this behavior from last 3 to 4 days.can any one facing similar issue and how can I fix this one? 

------------------------------
Harish kumar
RPA Developer
2 REPLIES 2

david.l.morris
Level 15
When it fails to run, are you saying the session is never created or it is started but then terminates? And which process is failing to run? Login or the main process? If it's the main process, then it could have something to do with your post-completion delay where the machine isn't fully logged in yet when the main process starts.

And for the error you found in the logs, was that in the Windows Event Viewer logs for 'BluePrism'? I ask because I don't recognize the text 'Exception encountered!' Is there more text surrounding that error?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

Hi David,

Sorry for not being clear about the information. main process will start after that it terminates .the logs are not in windows event viewer logs its a session logs of the process.And  as you suggested the problem might be  post completion delay, I scheduled the process  in the same scheduler like this Login> main process > log out which is causing the issue. Below link is from blue prism support center article. As from blue prism suggestion Now instead of running with  one scheduler for login,main process and log out I changed the main process and log out in different scheduler and gave some 2 minute difference between login scheduler and main process scheduler and need to check for couple of days whether it fixed my problem or not. Are you guys are using  two different scheduler to run the  process or using the same scheduler ?

https://help.blueprism.com/Operational-Support/Scheduler/1137500942/Why-does-a-Schedule-which-runs-tasks-fail-to-run-any-Processes-after-logging-in.htm

Harish kumar
RPA Developer