cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler returns resource unavailable error with "The state given was: InUse".

ShimaDaisuke
Level 3
We have set up BP server and trying to run schedule task in the resource connected to the server but it's failing. Below things are confirmed. Server side machine assigned for the scheduled task is listed in "Resources" section of control room Status of the resource is "State" = "Idle" and "Connection" = "Yes - Connected". Resource side Blueprism instance is connected to the BP server In the status bar at the bottom of BluePrism screen, it says "Connected to :'XXX (hostname where BP server is located)'" Running no robot at the point of scheduled timing so the resource should be available. However, the log file for the scheduled task shows below error message. "Task: XXX threw an exception: Resource XXX was unavailable: The state given was: InUse" The BluePrism ver used is 6.3.0.  I searched other similar entries in this forum but could not find a clear answer. I would appreciate if you could advise. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check if there is a pending session (maybe from a few days ago) hanging around on that resource, and delete any you find. Also sanity-check that the BP client is not logged in on that machine.

ShimaDaisuke
Level 3
Thanks you John for your comment. There are no pending session at all for the resource, the BluePrism is not running anything at all. And would you please clarify a bit more detail about what ""BP client is not logged in"" means? There are only one user (myself) using the Blueprism instance and I am connecting to the BP server.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The client is the BP user interface - Studio, Control Room etc. When you're logged in the scheduler can't start the process because you are in the way. Create a shortcut with this line ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe"" /resourcepc /port 8182 /public Run the shortcut and you should see a second instance of BP, but this time it will be running in headless mode. Then try the scheduler on that instance.