cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script for Keeping System Unlocked

AnushaSomasund2
Level 2
Hi Team,   I am trying to run the process in my local machine which involves more excel operations. I need to keep my desktop active or unlocked for more than half an hour. Is there any script for doing the same.   The basic requirement is to keep the system unlocked until the process completes.
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you create an object that attaches to explorer.exe, you can spy the Windows desktop, start button, system tray etc. It's a hack, but you can keep the lock at bay by, for example, opening and closing the start menu.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
We came up with a similar approach, where it opens Notepad and surface automates the File->Close operation.

Murali_MohanKon
Level 4
Alternate we can play any video with repeat action ,system never lock until you close video.

SachinUpadhyay
Level 3
Create a vbscript which will keep pressing ""NUMLOCK"" after every 1 min in infinite loop.You can also call this script via BluePrism Process or run it manually one time.

MichaelBrown
Level 2
For ours we utilize the ""Is Locked"" action from the BP Login Agent VBO to check if the screen is locked periodically. If the ""Is Locked"" returns a true value we then invoke the ""Unlock Screen"" action from login agent to unlock it then resume processing. Attached is a screenshot of the process logic.

HarshalJhingran
Level 4
Use the below vb-script code to press Numlock every defined minute. It will keep the system awake. set wsc = CreateObject(""WScript.Shell"") Do     'Five minutes     WScript.Sleep(X*60*1000)     wsc.SendKeys(""{NUMLOCK}"") Loop Define X as 1 or more.