cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Key Not Working in SAP

RobertGrubich
Level 2
Hello,

I have created a process to execute and download a query in SAP. One step is to use the Global Send Key "{L}" to execute the download to a local file. I developed this originally on my own laptop using the learning version of Blue Prism, and everything worked perfectly. I then pushed it out to our companies developer version and this will not work. I can execute the push of the Export button, but then when the step to push "{L}" is needed nothing happens and of course the process then errors out. 

I have tested my other send keys in the other parts of my processes, which are "{TAB}" and "{DEL}" and those work perfectly fine. I have no idea what the issue is. I built in an "Activate Application" which is still part of my process. 

Our developer version is based on a machine in Italy. Would this cause an issue? The Italian keyboard does have a "{L}" in the same location, so I have no idea at this point. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

VedSengupta
Level 6

Hello Robert,
If you are automating SAP there is a much more optimized and reliable way to automate SAP i.e. Scripting using code stages. 

I would suggest please check that once. It is very easy to set up and use it and would scrape out the use of send keys totally and make your process much robust.

Best regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore

------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Robert,

It can be related to the keyboard layout and language.
I suggest checking the layout on your PC with the developer's PC keyboard are the same layout and language.

You can also use the keyboard command to see if you press "L" the keyword react or not.
Start menu > Run > osk
36910.png

VedSengupta
Level 6

Hello Robert,
If you are automating SAP there is a much more optimized and reliable way to automate SAP i.e. Scripting using code stages. 

I would suggest please check that once. It is very easy to set up and use it and would scrape out the use of send keys totally and make your process much robust.

Best regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Bangalore

------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

RobertGrubich
Level 2
@Ved Sengupta I tried it, and after a bit of effort, got this to work perfectly. I will actually be implementing this in another step, as a replacement for send keys. Thank you very much for your reply.​

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello Robert,
Glad to know it worked.
Scripting is Native to SAP so it is very reliable and robust.
The same code will run on SAP GUI 740 ,750 & 760 ( I am not sure if any newer version of SAP is available).
Using Scripting reduced my testing effort when migration happened drastically as it would work almost every time .

Best regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Bangalore