cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SendKeys on chrome Crashing Blue Prism

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I can't see any threads on this. SendKeys to chrome browser is crashing Blue Prism.

------------------------------
Pranav
Pranav
9 REPLIES 9

EmersonF
MVP
Hey, can you give us more info about this? How are you releasing sendkeys? I'm not aware of this problem

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

I'm trying to login to a website, where I need to click on a button to enter. 

I tried sendkeys "{ENTER}" to the username field element, sendkeys "{ENTER}" to chrome application, sendkeys "{ENTER}" to the button element. Crashes every time. Both in debug mode and also when run through control room. 

Pranav
Pranav

Try using the root element of the application module and return us here if you were successful, but tell me, why not use the click center on the button?

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544

Hi Emerson,
I work with Pranav, and I am also having same issue when I do a SendKeys from VBO to any web element - it just crashes the entire Blue Prism designer. It just goes away. and the Object remains locked. I do not see any errors in even viewer. I have tried sending "{ENTER}" , or "{TAB}", or any other Send Keys code to either individual Web Browser mapped control, or to the root level of the application. 
I also see that a Click Action does not seem to do anything on some controls where when i manually Click into causes activity on the web app.

We just installed 6.10.1, and using the correct version of the Extension module and Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Any advice of how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated!

-Arkady

Arkady Dudko

In fact, it's pretty weird, have you guys tried using global send keys events? If yes, is the result the same? If not, it might be a good try, Leave me question, just how does Chrome exhibit this behavior? Have you ever considered testing or even developing in another browser, like Edge for example? I've been using it consistently And it seems to work well

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544

Thanks again for your reply!
It appears that Send Keys do work , but only when an element was spied as UI Automation mode, not in Browser Mode! Also we are having probably some policy issue that cause SendKeys to crash Blue prism, as this is not behavior we see on a dedicate bot we use for UAT .

As to using a different browser, that is not an option for us, as we are restricted by the company's policy that dictates which browser is the standard browser deployed across the firm.

-Arkady

Arkady Dudko

I understand, maybe it's a case of involving your IT team to verify the policies together with you, particularly I've never seen this scenario to occur.I hope I helped in some way Whenever you send any sendkeys remember to always launch them in the root of your application module.

Maybe it's an option to use the UAI to login and Browser mode In other activities

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544

Ironically, the login page works fine with Browser Id mode, but there are some subsequent pages in the apps we are trying to automate that require UI mode , as it appears the way the app was coded ( using some Java-based frameworks) , that it  generates pages that have elements that are not reacting to browser-based automations.

In any case, thanks for your replies and tips, and we will continue working thru the issues.

Arkady Dudko

Hey, Do you have Java bridge enabled? This can help you, read this 
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MID=3280&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=digestviewer
Automate Java application 

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544