cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Special Keys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi , Is there a Code for Control-CTRL key for sending the control keystroke . I can finding holding control key down from the list but not a single press . Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
If you are using Global Send Keys, then Control can be passed as ""^"" i.e. the carrot sign. If you are using Global Send Keys Event, then Control can be passed as ""{CTRL}"".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Shreyans for your answer. I have tried both now and they do not work. ALT TAB Work fine but control does nothing . on keyboard it works fine. note: I am working with Mainframe ,thinking maybe it is a special case.

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Either of the ways work in all the cases I have worked with. Maybe for your Mainframe application, this could be a special case.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue is related to using Mainframe. One solution I found is mapping right control key to left one in Windows .

MiriamToca
Level 2
I have another problem with SendKeys. I am trying to insert a text into a AAEdit and resume. I put in the Global Send Keys: ""Text{ENTER}"" And there is an error: ""Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Insert' - Command 'AASendKeys' gave invalid result"" Could you help me?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Miriam, Please raise new problems in new threads rather than adding them to the end of other topics (or to the end to multiple other threads) - Thank you. The answer I added to this same question in another thread was: As a minimum I would recommend having your text and your enter keystroke on seperate lines in your navigate stage. I would also recommend looking at some of the recommendations in the Surface Automation training: Have you tried pasting in your text rather than send keys? If send keys does not work have you tried send key events? Also, the SA training contains the line 'Blue Prism Best Practice recommends adding a 0.1 second keystroke between each character sent'. This is because we have found that sending keystrokes all at once may be too quick for the application. Contact your Blue Prism mentor if you are unsure of how to do this (we usually do it via a send keys sub-page that enters each keystroke individually).