cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending e-mail - Outlook

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I would like to send the xls file through MS Outlook. I have no idea how can I do that. I need some tips. Many thanks in advance, P.K.
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
PK you need to install something called Mapiex, which enables BP to send mail with attachments. See https://portal.blueprism.com/product/releases/addons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which one should I install? P.K.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. It's clear. Release Notes2.0.0. for Blue Prism Version 5.0.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where I can find it after installation. How can I launch that?

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Hi, After installation, check the location of saved DLLs. The MAPIEx files must reside in the same directory as the Blue Prism program files (typically C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate). If they are installed to different directories, the MAPIEx functionality will not work when attempting to access an Exchange server from within a business process. As such, the DLL files in the MAPIEx installation directory should be copied to the Blue Prism installation directory before use on a particular resource. Once copied, any resources on that machine will have to be reloaded to pick up the new DLLs. Running 32-bit Blue Prism on a 64-bit Operating System: The Visual Business Object should work as is if installed correctly (see Installation Instructions above) on most systems. However, it does expect that the Blue Prism installation directory, where the DLLs it uses are found, to be C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate. If you install the 32-bit version of Blue Prism into a 64-bit installation of Windows, the installation directory is slightly different, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate. If this is the case, the reference to the MAPIEx DLL in the VBO must be altered to use the different path. After importing the Blue Prism MAPIEx object, open it for editing in Object Studio, and within the Initialize tab, double-click the business object properties stage. Navigate to the Code Options tab, and alter the path to BluePrismMAPIExAutomation.dll in the External References list. In most cases, this will just need the ""Program Files"" to be changed to ""Program Files (x86)"". Press OK and save the object. Note that any clients or robots using this VBO should be restarted before using again to ensure that they use the correct path to the DLL. More info can be found in the MAPIEx Release Notes and Installation guide available on the Portal itself.

JohnTomkins
Staff
Staff
Check this knowledge base article for more information: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/article/link/working-with-the-m