cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Variables

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have several live processes currently running, all with the same session variables included: Stop After Items, Stop ASAP, and Stop After Time.   The issue we're running into is some of the processes only display these session variables to the control room. Why would only some processes make these variables visible while others appear as if no session variables were included into the configuration?
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If a process is running and it has a session variable in it, then the SV should be accessible from control room - that's the whole point of SVs. I'm not doubting what you're saying but what you're describing sounds unusual. Maybe if you can capture a screenshot then our Support team can investigate for you?

NicholasBell1
Level 3
Is there a pattern to which ones do and don't show Session Variables? 

SanjanaS1
Level 3
Yes, I agree with John..It sounds unusual.  There are also chances that the developers use the same name for the data items(Stop After Items, Stop ASAP, and Stop After Time) , but give hard coded values in the data item making it as a Number/Text/Datetime. It depends on how you give values to this process.   Session variables are used only when the Control Room has to change a value during the runtime. And for eg, if a process needs to stop by 8AM EST, we would directly give the Stop After Time as 8 AM by making it as a DateTime data item instead of a session variable.

SanjanaS1
Level 3
Yes, I agree with John..It sounds unusual.  There are also chances that the developers use the same name for the data items(Stop After Items, Stop ASAP, and Stop After Time) , but give hard coded values in the data item making it as a Number/Text/Datetime. It depends on how you give values to this process.   Session variables are used only when the Control Room has to change a value during the runtime. And for eg, if a process needs to stop by 8AM EST, we would directly give the Stop After Time as 8 AM by making it as a DateTime data item instead of a session variable.