cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Access Issues

MarkTinnion
Level 2
Hi,

I have eleven development machines for our users which should be identical in terms of permissions an security settings due to the way they were set up initially. On the majority of the machines ​the permissions are exactly the same. However on a couple of them, in order to access sharepoint, the sharepoint page needs to be left open in the background. As soon as sharepoint is closed the VM no longer has access to it.

I didn't set up the machines myself and the IT person who did is no longer part of our business. Can someone direct me as to where and what I should be looking at to get the settings the same?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Mark Tinnion
Continuous Improvement Manager
Arup
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

AmiBarrett
Level 12
If you're trying to access files, you should be able to browse the directory via SMB. Setting this up as a shared drive might make the connection persistent.

Be aware that you may need to have the system run a script to open the directory on user login and/or system reboot to ensure that the connection remains valid.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

GopalBhaire
Level 10
What error do you get when you try accessing the site on the couple of VM after you close and re-run the sharepoint site. Maybe try checking the Content Advisor of IE for any sites have been blacklisted.  (Press inetcpl.cpl in run and go to content tab->Content Advisor)

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

The error message is a standard message saying that the file does not exist

19374.png
I also get the below message when trying to access the files through file explorer

19375.png
So I guess that means it is a permissions issue for the VM rather than a BP issue? It's my own profile when logging on to the VMs, and it works on most of them so it's not an issue with my user profile I don't tink

Mark Tinnion
Continuous Improvement Manager
Arup
Europe/London

Looks like you have issues in authenticating the share point site.  You can access share point via UNC which will navigate you to the folders in share point .
Let me know if you have any followups.

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York