cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Loading while trying to retrieve Pending items from Work Queue

RakeshDey
Level 3
Hi, I have a requirement where I have to check Pending Items in Work Queue before dumping a new collection into it. So, I am using the following steps under a Loop stage with the input collection- 1."Is item in Queue?" action under "Work Queues" to retrieve data from Queue  2. If data is found remove row from input collection 3. If not found check for next item I have set "Key" name based on the Input Collection column Name(single column).Basically, I am checking whether there is any duplicacy in the collections with that of the Pending items.There are around 1200 data in the collection. So, whenever I am running the process from Control Room it is taking a lot time(almost 3s to loop one case that's around 45 mins to resolve 1200 cases) Is it possible to reduce the time significantly?   Thanks well in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
As you can imagine the Is Item In Queue action is checking the whole queue each time. Maybe a better approach is to use Get Pending Items, then loop through the Item IDs with Get Item Data.

RakeshDey
Level 3
Thanks John for your quick response. I have tried your method as well but it is taking same time as the former one. Is there any other way to check or rather reduce the time?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
OK, what about using Get Next Item with the Key Filter input parameter. If this does not return an ID, you know the item does not exist. If it does, then at least one item exists. If you keep the current item locked and repeat Get Next item to get another ID, then that must be a duplicate. After that you can use Unlock Item to release the IDs you are currently holding.